As this year has come to an end, I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on the past year of my life. It was an year full of learning, growing, and sharing. Looking back over the past year, I'm able to remind myself of the challenges I faced, remember what I've learned, how I've grown, see what I've accomplished, and most importantly think about what I need to do this year in order to further facilitate this growth.
This recap isn't just limited to things related to technology, but needless to say technology makes up a major chunk of this blog post.
I'll start with some raw numbers: followers, stars, etc. Mostly meaningless, but nevertheless they give me an awkward sense of accomplishment.
- Hit over 600 followers on Twitter
- Hit over 175 followers on GitHub
- Hit over 110,00 views on my posts
- Hit over 700 stars across my projects
- Hit over 150 followers on Linkedin
- Hit over 1,100 new followers on my blog
- Hit over 30,000 page views
- Hit over 475 stars on kmenu
- Hit over 650 followers on Instagram
- Hit over 200 wins in Fortnite
- Launched kmenu which reached over 475 stars in under five months
- Gave a talk at four different meetups
- Won two categories at Bitcamp 2022
- Won the Astro Hackathon
- Moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Started actively attending in-person technology meetups
- Got my American citizenship
- Redesigned my website four times
- Wrote twelve blog posts
- Started actually earning money with contracts
- Bought the new iPhone and AirPods
- Rebuilt my entire workspace in Texas
- Built snip.place with Ibrahim
- Got into photography a bit
- Visited over twenty four cities
- Held a snake in my hand
- Started learning Rust
- Bought a new mountain bike
- Pulled of seven all-nighters
- Benched my bodyweight
- Got my driving permit
Cities I've visited this year. Only major cities, and they're all in the United States.
- Dallas, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Little Rock, AR
- Memphis, TN
- Nashville, TN
- Louisville, KY
- Cincinnati, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Akron, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Buffalo, NY
- Rochester, NY
- Syracuse, NY
- Albany, NY
- Hartford, CT
- New York, NY
- Newark, NJ
- Jersey City, NJ
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Baltimore, MD
- Washington, D.C.
That's about all I have to share for my year. Through many highs and lows, this year was filled with memories I hope to cherish one day. I try to write a post similar to this annually to retrospect how I've grown.
I'll end this post off with a quote by Ferris Bueller.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Wishing y'all the best of luck for the upcoming year. Cheers.